|Windows||Windows 2012 Server R2 or higher|
|Linux||Kernel 2.6 or greater, glibc 2.14 or greater, minimal recommended version for Linux distributions (due to our software requirements): RedHat (7), CentOS (7), Debian (8), Ubuntu (14.04), Amazon Linux AMI (2016.09)|
|Number of rendition server(s)||1||2 (for high availability)|
|Storage||20Go||The maximum between 20Go and a storage where a full day of temporary files can be stored|
The ports of the different micro-services need to be free to use and are as follows:
|Service||Protocols||Default listening port|
|Distant file storage||HTTP||8081|
Please install all the following additional softwares.
|All||Java Runtime||JRE 1.8 64 bits Minimum, JDK advised (1.8.0_252 is the validated version). JRE OpenJDK and Oracle are desirable, JRE IBM J9 is unsupported.|
|Office Documents||LibreOffice or Microsoft Office||LibreOffice 5 and up is advised. Warning: LibreOffice 5 on RHEL/CentOS (6) requires libGL.so.1. Libreoffice 6 and up requires ARender 3.1.9 and up. Microsoft Office 2013 and up.|
|Images||ImageMagick||ImageMagick 7 or higher (under Windows, validate that the binary named convert.exe is existing, if not, link it from magick.exe)|
|Mails and HTML||WKHtmlToPdf||wkhtmltopdf 0.12.5 or higher|
|Videos, Audios and GIFs||FFmpeg||FFmpeg 2.8.15 or higher|
For the install
- The user must have the rights to unzip the contents of the rendition zip into the desired folder.
- The user must have the necessary rights to create a service.
For the launch
- The user that runs the service needs to have access to the files of the rendition server and the required third party softwares, as well as execution rights.
Installing third party software for ARender 4
In ARender 4.0, the software required by our document conversion micro Service is automatically searched in the variable PATH of the server.
If you want to support mails in ARender, please install and put in the PATH wkhtmltopdf binaries. If your server does not have an X server (Linux only), please install xvfb and run the following commands:
$> echo -e '#!/bin/bash\nxvfb-run -a --server-args="-screen 0, 1024x768x24" /usr/bin/wkhtmltopdf -q $*' > /usr/bin/wkhtmltopdf.sh $> chmod a+x /usr/bin/wkhtmltopdf.sh $> ln -s /usr/bin/wkhtmltopdf.sh /usr/local/bin/wkhtmltopdf
If you want to support Office files, you can configure Libreoffice and / or Microsoft Office if you are running Windows. You can refer to the following section for Microsoft Office. For Libreoffice, just install Libreoffice and make sure the LibreOffice binaries are in PATH.
If you want to support image files (PNG, JPEG, etc.) please install imagemagick on your system and include its binaries in PATH.
If you want to support video files (MOV, AVI, MPG, etc …) please install ffmpeg on your system and include its binaries in PATH.
Aroms2pdf configuration for Microsoft Office
ARender is able to use Microsoft Office for office’s documents.
We propose this tool to validate if the prerequisites are well installed, please you run it if you have any doubts: AromsCheck
Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable 2010: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/Download/confirmation.aspx?id=14632
Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable 2008: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15336
Office 2013 (2016 preferred). Office 365 compatible if you can activate your server using live internet connection. We recommend as well to keep Office up to date.
Windows server 2012 R2 and up. Always install on your Windows server all existing service packs/major updates in order for the conversion to work in the best manner.
- Launch the rendition using a local account - Administrator or not - (Services > ARender Rendition Service > Log On) that opens Microsoft Office without any issues nor without pop-ups. Pop-ups will hinder the piloted mode of Microsoft Office and will block the rendering process of the rendition server.
- In order to configure Excel file conversion, please check that the user launching Excel has also a default printer configured (as an example, the default printer that outputs XPS files) otherwise Excel won’t be able to do its work on pageSetup and won’t convert the documents.
- Please do not use as default printer the printer that is forwarded, this is a printer that is only here during remote desktop session and will stop working as soon as you leave the server
Microsoft Office properties configuration in ARender
It is possible to configure rendered document by ARender through MS Office. To configure, the file aroms.properties located in the folder: modules\TaskConversion\aroms2pdf of the Rendition installation needs to be modified.
Below the available properties:
|PDF/A||false||PDFs generated by ARender through MS Office are a PDF/A|
|processAutoKill||false||Clean old MS Office processes at Aroms start|
|TimeoutS||120||Maximum time that ARender takes to generates the PDF with MS Office. After that, conversion is aborted|
|AromsHost||http://localhost:8000/||URL on which ARender Aroms is exposed|
|LockFields||false||Disable the auto-update of variable field (like a date field)|
|IgnorePrintAreas||true||Disable the print of empty lines|
|FitSheetOnOnePage||true||True: MS Office will try to print the document in one PDF page. False: MS Office default behavior (split if too much pages)|