The ARender Team is proud to announce the release of ARender version 2.3.1, first minor release of the Krypton branch.
This release adds the following major features :
- Save page rotation as asked by user in a specific annotation. If a user rotates a page, chances are the document has been incorrectly digitized, and the other users would do the same. Let them spare this operation by keeping the rotation information.
- Annotations security : depending on the underlying ECM repository security, the following security rules can be set up :
- Document-based security : A user may or may not have the ability to create new annotations
- Annotation-based security : For each annotation, a user may have the right to modify and/or to delete this annotation. Otherwise, the annotation is read-only.
- Annotations details are now shown when a user moves his mouse over an annotation. By default when it is read-only, but can be configurable for read-write annotations as well.
This release also fixes some issues, the most important being :
- When a user closes ARender window (closing the browser or a tab), the unsaved annotations where lost. Now a popup asks for the user to confirm quitting without saving.
- The annoying headers and footers added by the browsers when printing from ARender are now disabled by default (when the Browser supports it).
This feature also includes a new, experimental magnifying glass. Try it here by clicking on the button, and select a region of the document you wish to magnify.
The complete changelog is available here.